JCJ EXAM MODEL PAPER - I
All Questions are Compulsary. Each Question carries 8 marks.
1. When court is said to have cognizance? What are the options and limitations?
2. (a) Can a person charged for an offense and put to trial be convicted for another offense. Illustrate with Examples.
(b) When can accused be discharged and acquitted. Differentiate between them.
3. Distinguish between
(a) Common intention and common object
(b) Theft and Extortion
(c) Criminal Misappropriation and Criminal breach of trust
(d) House trespass and Criminal trespass
4. (a) Primary Evidence and Secondary Evidence? Cases in which secondary evidence relating to documents may be given?
(b) Important exceptions to Hearsay Rule embodies in Evidence Act.
5. (a) What consequences ensue on dishonour of cheque for insufficiency of funds in the account of the drawer? Write a brief note on relevant provision of NI Act.
(b) Cases in which court cannot grant Injunction
6. Short Notes on
(a) Doctrine of Part Performance
(b) Feeding the grant by estoppel
(c) Onerous Gift
(d) Easement by Prescription
7. (a) Explain Res Subjudice and Res juduicata
(b) What principles are applied in dealing with application for grant of an order of injunction; and in injuction to restrain encashment of unconditional bank guarantee.
8. (a) Properties liable and exempt from attachment.
(b) How should the documents exhibited in evidence be marked by court as per Civil Rules Procedure.
9. (a) Write down the guidelines laid down by Supreme Court in D.K. Basu Vs State of West Bengal.
(b) Guidelines to be followed by Magistrate while recording confession.
10. (a) Inherent powers of court
(b) Enlargement of time
(c) Mesne Profits
(d) Representative suit