Answer all questions.
1. (a) State the particulars that shall be endorsed on a document admitted in a suit and the endorsements on a rejected document. State the rules relating to return of rejected documents and admitted documents.
(b) Explain the power of the court in compelling the attendance of a witness. Whether the court has the power to summon a stranger as witness in a suit? When a witness can be ordered to attend in person to give evidence?
2. (a) State the law relating to computation of limitation period as provided under sections 1 to 15 of limitation act, 1963. How does the limitation period differ from prescribed period?
(b) Explain the scope and application of ‘Doctrine of lis pendens’. How does it differ from res subjudice?
3. (a) What is Dying Declaration? State the evidentiary value of it. What is the procedure to be followed by the Magistrate at the time of recording such dying declaration/
(b) What is the evidentiary value of Judicial Confessions and Extra Judicial Confessions? Bring out the differences between Confessions & Admissions.
4. (a)What is Charge? What are the contents of it?
(b) What is the procedure to be followed by the court when there is alteration or addition to any charge?
(c ) State the persons who may be charged jointly.
5. (a) State the circumstances under which the accused person can be called as a witness.
(b) Whether a Magistrate can proceed with the trial of a case in the absence of the accused? If so, under what circumstances?
(c ) In the above case, is there any difference where the accused in represented by an advocate and where he is not represented by the advocate?
(a) Criminal Conspiracy (c) Abetment
(b) Joint Liability (d) Common Object
7. Distinguish between:
(a) Culpable homicide and Murder (c) Kidnapping and Abduction
(b) Assault and Criminal Force (d) Wrongful restraint and Wrongful Confinement
8. (a) Explain the principle of ‘res judicata’. Bring out the differences between ‘res judicata’ and ‘estoppel’. Whether res judicata applies to suits decreed Ex-parte?
(b)State the cases where the court can order for:
(i) Arrest before judgment, and (ii) Attachment of property before judgment
9. (a) State the documents of which registration is compulsory and optional.
(b) What is meant by endorsement of an instrument? Explain the rules relating to it. What are various kinds of endorsement?
(a) Contingent Contract (ii) Wagering Agreement
(c ) Easement by Necessity (iv) Easement by Prescription